DESIblitz Job: Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Website Pearson Whiffin Recruitment Ltd
Job Role: Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000
My Client is looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to work for a highly successful Civils contractor.
They specialise in construction works and are looking for a dedicated motivated Trainee to join their team.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing tender documents, bills of quantities, and cost estimates for projects within the Civils sector.
- Communicating with supply chains to obtain pricing, and quotations from subcontractors and suppliers for tenders and live projects.
- Attending site visits to gather information for cost analysis and reports.
- Assisting in assessing the financial impact of design changes, delays and any disruptions on projects.
- Supporting team in negotiations with subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
- Maintaining accurate records of project documentation, correspondence, and contractual agreements.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Have a basic understanding of construction contracts, procurement process and types of contractors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Proactive energy
- Use initiative.
- A flexible, methodical, proactive approach with dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Full driving licence
This role is being handled by Chloe and Samantha, Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Please apply with your CV or alternatively call (phone number removed) or email (url removed) / (url removed) for more information.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent’s leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.