DESIblitz Job: Trainee Field Engineer
Website Fort Recruitment
We are seeking a Trainee Field Engineer to install and maintain automatic meter instrumentation on gas meters for commercial and industrial customers like schools. hospitals, factories in your local area.
This is a full-time permanent position working for an outstanding Company who will provide full training, a vehicle and the equipment needed for the role.
Trainee Field Engineer – Company Overview
The Company has an increasing number of long-term contracts covering all aspects of gas network monitoring, analysis and data provision. The contracts rely on accurate and efficient installation and maintenance of the firms’ instrumentation.
Trainee Field Engineer – Benefits
- A starting salary of £22,000pa
- Starting salaries will then rise by a further £1,100pa to £23,100pa after an agreed trial period
- Salaries will then continue to rise based on annual increases and performance
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- A fully expensed company vehicle including a fuel card
- Full training and certifications are provided as part of the role
- Excellent prospects in a vital Industry
- All necessary tools, uniforms and equipment will be provided
- Mobile Phone
- Personal Pension Scheme
Trainee Field Engineer – Daily Activities
- Working remotely with office support staff you will follow a planned schedule visiting approximately 5-7 customers per day
- Self-management of workload
- Lifting, carrying and moving equipment
- Possible entry into confined spaces
- Installation and configuration of hand-held electronic data collection, logging and recording equipment
- Fixing equipment to walls including wiring
- Using handheld tools including drills and gas monitors
Trainee Field Engineer – The Candidate
- Full driving licence essential
- Previous electrical or mechanical experience of any nature an advantage
- Relevant academic qualifications an advantage e.g. BTEC Engineering or BTEC Electrical
- You must have strong work ethic and a desire to learn quickly during training
- You will be interacting with customers/clients on a daily basis so excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
If you think you have the necessary skills for this Trainee Field Engineer role then please apply today.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.