DESIblitz Job: Teacher of the Deaf
Website Remedy Education
We are supporting a mixed secondary school in Hounslow that is looking for a Teacher of the Deaf on an ongoing basis.
Are you an inspiring and compassionate educator looking to make a difference to the lives of deaf students? We have a fantastic opportunity waiting for you! The school is inclusive and committed to empowering and supporting deaf learners to lead a fulfilling life.
- Preparing engaging lesson plans tailored to meet the unique needs of deaf learners. Utilising various teaching strategies such as visual aids and technology to support communication and understanding.
- Facilitating language acquisition and development through activities that promote reading, writing and effective communication skills. Fostering a positive and motivating learning environment where students feel confident to express themselves.
- Conducting assessments to identify individual strengths, challenges and learning styles. Addressing specific educational goals and accommodate students’ learning needs.
- Working closely with teaching colleagues, external professionals and support staff to ensure a consistent approach to student learning.
- Providing support and guidance to students, helping them to develop self-confidence and independence. Fostering a nurturing and inclusive classroom environment where students feel valued and respected.
- Effectively communicating with parents/carers, updating them on progress and addressing any concerns.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role, you should:
- Have experience as a Teacher of the Deaf or hold other suitable qualifications.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with students, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Have patience, empathy and a genuine passion for supporting deaf learners.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, click apply to forward your up to date CV to Carly Walters Remedy Remedy Education.
Remedy Education Services specialises in non-teaching education roles in a variety of primary, secondary and SEN schools across the UK.
We will help you find the right short term, long term or permanent role in a school and locations that suits you. We are also here to guide you through every step of the recruitment process and provide a wealth of resources and expert advice to support you in your search for the perfect role.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.