DESIblitz Job: Teacher of Design & Technology
Website Class Education
Teacher of Design & Technology, Full Time – Hitchin, Hertfordshire – September 2022 start or sooner– ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted
Are you an experienced Design & Technology Teacher looking to work in an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ School?
- Design & Technology Teacher
- September 2022 start date or sooner
- ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted in all areas
- Excellent opportunity to work in a well-respected school that achieves year on year
- Excellent professional development and guidance, with a highly effective and supportive CPD programme.
- Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- MPS – UPS plus TLR
About The role
Class Education are seeking a successful, enthusiastic Teacher of Design & Technology at an "Outstanding" Hitchin School.
The successful candidate should be capable of teaching Graphic Products/Product Design to A Level and Design Technology to students at Key stage 3, GCSE and to A Level. The duties of the successful candidate will be as follows –
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion to teach Design Technology.
- Are able to motivate and inspire students to learn and have high expectations of them.
- Are highly motivated and organised.
- Have a variety of teaching and learning strategies that they can use effectively.
- Have a commitment to using and promoting the use of ICT within their teaching. Currently the department extensively uses Adobe Illustrator and AutoDesk Inventor. Knowledge of these or similar design software would be advantageous.
- Are able to maximise the achievement of all students.
- Are able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Are willing to contribute to the broader life of the school.
- Are willing to contribute to the development of the school through their own professional development.
- Have a sense of humour
- Are suitable for the Form Tutor role.
About The School
This is a high achieving and oversubscribed single sex, all-ability school with 1080 student on their roll with an additional 260 in their Sixth Form. The School is located in the beautiful market town of Hitchin and benefits from its own playing fields and wooded area. The students and teachers have access to specialist teaching areas for Art and Design, Food, Textiles, Graphics and Resistant Materials, ICT and Business Technology, Drama, Mathematics, Music and Science. Over the years the school has achieved academic successes and have been able to celebrate the fact that students of all levels make excellent progress in their chosen courses. In 2004 the school was appointed a Specialist Science School and also hold the ICT Mark, International School Award, Art Award, Secondary Geography Quality Mark with Centre of Excellence status plus many other awards that the school is extremely proud of. Results at the school are consistently high making it among the top performing state schools in Hertfordshire. The school is a busy, friendly, caring School that has very little staff turnover due to its supportive and nurturing nature.
To Apply –
Please forward Class Education your most up to date CV and a covering letter highlighting why you would be well suited to this role and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like any more information about this fantastic opportunity, then please contact us on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.