DESIblitz Job: Staff Nurse RNA RNLD RMN
Website The Huntercombe Group
Bonuses Welcome bonus £1000 (Subject to Terms and Conditions)
Hours 37.5 hours per week. Working on a rota which may include weekends, nights and Bank Holidays
This Centre provides care for patients with complex neurological rehabilitation needs for the South West of England and is run by The Huntercombe Group in partnership with North Bristol NHS Trust.
We have 52 rehabilitation beds and offer both Level 1 (intensive) and Level 2 (slower stream) specialist inpatient rehabilitation for patients with brain injury and other neurological conditions. The service operates in two adjacent buildings, BIRU South (newly built in 2016) and BIRU North (fully refurbished.)
If you share our passion for delivering high quality individualised patient care to our specialist neuro-rehabilitation patients this could be the job you have been looking for.
We are looking for Registered Nurses who are able to demonstrate strong clinical competence, excellent communication skills and experience of team working approach to the delivery of individualised patient care.
When you join The Huntercombe Group …
We offer you a rewarding career because our Nurses are highly respected and valued as key members of our team. You will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all, puts people first.
We want you to help to shape how we deliver care and so our ‘Conversation into Action’ programme actively encourages everyone to get involved and make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, by supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions and so drive change for the better.
We will also offer …
- Welcome bonus of £1000
- Reimbursement for NMC registration fees
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Relocation allowance of up to £8000
We will support you with …
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Close links with the Neuroscience Nursing Department at North Bristol Trust
- Support for revalidation
- Support to study for a MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
Other benefits include …
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- A company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A range of staff discounts
Your day to day duties will include
• Assessment of patient care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and the setting of clinical standards on a shift basis.
• Providing clinical leadership for the Rehabilitation Technicians and Rehabilitation Assistants.
• To be responsible for coordinating discharge planning in partnership with the multidisciplinary team to ensure arrangement of efficient, safe and timely discharge or transfer.
• Work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team.
• To be actively involved in their own development and supporting junior members of the team in their development.
• Supporting patients and their families during their stay.
• To strictly adhere to Infection Control policy and procedures.
• Undertake and improve practice via clinical audits and staff supervisions.
You will have…
- A current NMC registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times
- Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Have the ability to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.