DESIblitz Job: Speech & Language Assistant – Geoffrey Field Junior School
Website Reading Borough Council
Required for January 2023
8 -10 hours per week – working 1 full day or 3 afternoons
Term Time – Fixed term until 31st August 2023
Do you have a passion and talent for supporting children with special educational needs and a particular interest in Speech and Language?
Are you an aspiring Speech and Language therapist who is keen to make a difference to the lives of children?
We are seeking to appoint a part time Speech & Language Assistant to join our school support team and provided tailored speech and language support to individual and small groups of pupils from across Y3 – Y6.
The right candidate would be someone who:
- has experience of working with SEND pupils and pupils with additional speech and language needs
- is passionate about giving all children the best experiences, opportunities and learning
- is proactive and positive
- has good levels of spoken and written English
- can work independently and use their own initiative as well as work under direction
- is flexible and adaptable
We can offer:
- a welcoming and motivated staff team
- great children who love their school and learning
- opportunities for further CPD and professional development
Do you want make a real difference to children whilst working in a fun and supportive environment? If so we would love to hear from you and show you around our school.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack please contact the School Business Manager more details on the school website.
Please ensure that all application documentation is returned by email.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 12th December 2022
Interviews to be held 16th December 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be sought from the successful candidate and shortlisted candidates may be subject to an online search.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.