DESIblitz Job: Software Support Analyst
Website Brampton Recruitment Ltd
A fantastic opportunity for a Software Support Analyst has arisen to work for a well-established and progressive local business. Working for a dynamic and fast paced organisation who are forward thinking and offer excellent career progression. As the Software Support Analyst, you will be handling calls for support and assistance from the company’s user base as well as users of other satellite systems, working across multiple locations within the local area.
Commutable from: Stoke on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Keele, Uttoxeter and Stone.
- As the Software Support Analyst, you will be handling queries from representatives of the company’s customer base when having issues with the IT resources provided by the company, resolving their problems either through corrective action or provision of suitable information or escalating their issues.
- As the Software Support Analyst, you will be taking a hand in the monitoring of the company’s automated systems as required to ensure that these are kept running at all times.
- As the Software Support Analyst, you will be taking part in rota based on-call support and check service operating in the evenings and weekends (includes answering and logging calls, escalating where unable to solve and monitoring automated systems to ensure uninterrupted operation during the out of hours period).
- Taking part in monitoring of systems functions and performance and resolving known issues affecting this.
- Excellent computer skills. Must be able to handle MS Windows, MS Office and MS Dynamics Nav.
- Degree or HND or A-Level in computer science, software development or similar would be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and yet organised and structured approach to all aspects of work.
- Genuine interest in helping people.
- Good knowledge of the Navision systems with thorough understanding of how the “split-system” handles passing of data back and forth would be ideal.
- Good knowledge and understanding of satellite systems such as the iPad and laptop-based databases used by the sales reps, web-portals used by administrators etc.
- Driving licence would be required to travel to multiple locations.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: computer science graduate, software development graduate, HND in computer science, entry level software analyst.
Hours: Shift based Monday – Friday (6:00am-2:30pm/8:00am-4:30pm/8:30am-5:00pm/9:30am-6:00pm)
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000 per annum ( (starting at £18k pa and moving to £19k pa after successful completion of 6-month probation period. Pay-scale in effect to take the employee to £25k pa at the end of their 3rd year of employment dependent of performance)
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.