DESIblitz Job: Shift Equipment Technician
Nexperia is a global semiconductor manufacturer delivering over 10% of the world’s semiconductor product, creating 100 billion devices per annum that go into products such as mobile phones and cars. We are currently undergoing site expansion and are looking to recruit an Equipment technician into our engineering team here in Manchester. We are looking for Technicians in the following departments – Etch, Test, Photolithographyand Diffusion.
What you will do
As shift equipment Technician you will join the Shift Engineering (Repair and Maintenance team) you will contribute and support with the maintained and troubleshooting of equipment issues. The equipment Nexperia work with is high tech and worth up to £10 million per item making the role interesting and challenging. This role is a great opportunity to expand upon your R&M skills whilst progressing towards Equipment Engineer where you will tackle more complicated issues. We have roles available on varying day and night shift patterns of 12 hours (4 days on 4 off, 4 days on 4 off) that include a shift allowance of up to 50% on top of your base salary.
This role is ideal for a candidate with previous skills in maintain production equipment or experience in light engineering and robotics.
- Sustain basic maintenance of tools and troubleshoot equipment issues during shift hours
- Carry out first level of fault recovery and tool health improvement activities
- Support equipment experiment/improvement actions and projects.
- Support manufacturing shift by achieving all required equipment metrics
- Follow documented procedures for basic equipment checks, PM’s and OCAPs
- Interface with Engineers (equipment and process) and manufacturing online issues.
What you will need to know (Essential)
- Be educated to or working towards – BTEC/HNC/ONC Engineering or equivalent level
- Previous experience in equipment maintenance / similar or light robotics
- Be able to effectively communicate information to colleagues and must work well as part of a team
- Be able to read, analyse and interpret technical procedures, write basic observation reports using a set format
- Be familiar with all modern manufacturing concepts such as JIT, KANBAN, Zero Defects, SPC, TQM and TPM
- Be capable of managing and prioritizing their workload
- Ability to react to unforeseen events, as they occur.
Desirable Skills and qualifications
- Good knowledge in IT packages
- Clean room environmental knowledge
- Electronical or Mechanical Apprenticeship
- Knowledge/Experience in semiconductor environment.
Why work for us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Annual / paid leave and pension plan
- Recognition reward schemes
- Flexible talent and leadership programs
- On-site medical centre and staff canteen
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Range of employee discounts (including travel, health insurance, high street, and online retailers)
- Sport and social clubs
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Generous relocation packages & visa sponsorship
About the team
Nexperia UK employs almost 1,400 people across its sites in Manchester and Newport. A mix of specialized manufacturing and business functions, the UK activities primarily focus on our Power MOSFET, GaN FET and IGBT product lines.
Talent acquisition based on Nexperia vacancies is not appreciated. Nexperia job adverts are Nexperia copyright © material and the word Nexperia® is a registered trademark.
Nexperia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.