DESIblitz Job: Senior Technical Architect
Website City Plumbing
Come and join us as a highly skilled and motivated Senior Technical Architect oversee the design and implementation of high-quality technical solutions that fulfil customer needs.
As our new Senior Technical Architect, you’ll create and put into action excellent technical solutions that match business goals. You’ll lead, guide, and mentor, working with different teams to boost innovation, scalability, and efficiency. As a Senior Technical Architect, you’ll plan and supervise the building of intricate systems, making sure they meet performance, security, and quality standards. This Senior Technical Architect opportunity is part of a wider tech & digital transformation plan across the business!
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to development teams. Make sure tech matches business goals. Work with different teams, share ideas for innovation and growth. Keep up with new tech and trends, use them in our strategies.
- Be in charge of the creation of technical solutions meeting business needs and scalability, while ensuring adherence to standards. Lead the design process, collaborating with architects and teams for strong system design.
- Supervise making tech solutions that are good and on time. Oversee the system design and coding methods. Manage teams to solve tech problems and finish projects well.
- Find and fix bottlenecks, growth problems, and safety issues in tech solutions. Give ideas to make things better and put them into action. Test to make sure systems work well, stay up, and are safe.
- Work well with different teams and leaders for successful projects. Explain hard tech stuff clearly to everyone, connecting tech and non-tech people. Make a friendly, team-focused workplace where everyone shares, talks, and learns.
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level architects, developers, and engineers, fostering technical growth and skill development.
This is a hybrid-based opportunity with upto 2 days per week in the office.
You should be based in the UK and our Offices are based in Aston (Birmingham), Salford (Manchester), Glasgow and Crick (Northampton).
You’ll live and breathe our digital-first ethos, with a proactive and can-do” approach. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider team and you’ll be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Skills and competencies:
- Must have previous experience as a Technical Architect (or a similar role), designing and implementing complex systems. Management experience will be essential.
- Strong technical expertise in multiple disciplines, such as, application development, infrastructure, databases, or cloud platforms.
- Proficient in architectural patterns, design principles, and software engineering best practices.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and guide technical decisions. Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and management.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate and address technical challenges.
- Strong expertise in multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technology stacks.
- Systems architecture creation techniques, wide range of available technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and knowledge of cloud-native architectures.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career! We’re proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we’re super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, we look out for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- A business striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to enrich it.
We are committed to best practices in recruitment and undertake Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.