DESIblitz Job: Senior Sustainables Materials Scientist –NPD
Website Hudson Shribman
Senior Sustainables Materials Scientist –NPD £up to 80k+ Strong Bonus
South East, Permanent ABJ5623a
An experienced materials scientist/ materials chemist or food scientist is urgently required to lead and develop and optimise the research of new technologies in the sustainable materials and product space in order to support the wider business needs of product development with a wealth of experience in new product assessment and new product development. As a technical lead with a background in physicochemistry of substances you will use your expertise to shape and deliver robust applied science activities and robust methods of experimentation in order to drive knowledge increase of technology blocks and products, and support in filling knowledge gaps to embellish R&D technology.
- Providing technical leadership in shaping and delivering robust methods of experimentation to increase knowledge of current technology/product platforms, leading to the identification of new opportunities to upgrade current platforms
- Being a lead scientist within the team in delivering expertise to cover off fundamental gaps in knowledge to ultimately enable new technology/product platforms in the R&D portfolio for materials.
- Utilising experience of advanced testing methodologies to overcome challenges presented concerning sensory performance and emission deliveries including toxicant management
- Developing appropriate internal and external testing techniques/methodologies to enable rapid development of new and emerging products
- Liaising with external knowledge points in order to increase knowledge share and internal know-how of new technologies
- Providing training and coaching of effective experimental study design and data interpretation in order to upskill junior level scientists supporting this position
- Driving continuously improvement ways of working through in-depth knowledge of product and product testing requirements in order to optimise project team output
- Ensuring applied science project activities are robust and are in line with good research practices, working in collaboration with product science team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field of science (i.e., chemistry, materials science, food science physicochemistry etc.)
- Strong background in sustainable materials
- Product Science testing techniques (e.g. analytical or characterization techniques) to define and provide a robust scientific testing approach to enable product development of technologies/products and advance fundamental and applied science understanding of new products.
- A substantial part of product testing also with 3rd parties, but lead/ design of the experiments important.
- Ability to manage/prioritize key activities to enable new product launches on time
- Strong managerial/leadership skills, with a proven ability to lead/motivate team members, monitoring performance and ensuring high quality outputs
- Able to influence and coordinate cross-functional teams, including internal and key external partnerships.
- Some opportunity of flexible working
Full Time. Permanent up to 80k Base + Bonus (40%) Car allowance, 25 days annual leave Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme Company Pension Scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or apply for ABJ5623a to
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.