DESIblitz Job: Senior QA Engineer
Website City Plumbing
Come and join us as a Senior QA Engineer to define and shape our QA Engineering function, and ensure the quality and reliability of software products.
As our new Senior QA Engineer, you’ll ensure the quality and reliability of our software products, you’ll lead the design and execution of comprehensive testing strategies, contribute to test automation strategies, and you’ll mentor more junior members of the QA team.
This Senior QA Engineer position is part of a wider tech & digital transformation plan across the business as we look to become the digital leader in plumbing, heating, and sustainable heating.
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive testing strategies, including test plans, test cases, and test scripts, ensuring thorough coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Architect, design, and implement automated test scripts and frameworks to enhance testing efficiency, accuracy, and coverage across different software applications and platforms.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior QA engineers, sharing best practices, reviewing their work, and fostering their professional growth and development.
- Identify, document, and track defects using bug tracking systems, working closely with development teams to ensure timely resolution and maintaining accurate defect records.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and designers to ensure alignment between testing efforts and project requirements, advocating for a culture of quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the refinement of QA methodologies, processes, and tools, seeking opportunities to optimise testing practices, increase efficiency, and enhance the overall quality of the software.
- Analyse test results, produce clear and concise reports, and communicate findings to stakeholders, providing insights into product quality and making informed decisions regarding software releases.
- Perform regression testing to validate bug fixes, feature enhancements, and new releases, ensuring the stability and integrity of the software as it evolves over time.
This is a hybrid-based opportunity with up to 2 days per week in the office.
You should be based in the UK and our Offices are based in Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Crick (Northampton).
You’ll live and breathe our digital-first ethos, with a proactive and can-do” approach. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider QA team and you’ll be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Skills and competencies:
- Proven experience as a QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer or in a similar role, with hands on experience in software testing and quality assurance.
- Able to communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities.
- Proficient in test management tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, TestRail, HP ALM) & test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit).
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and QA methodologies.
- Familiar with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Continuous learning mindset keeping updated with industry trends and emerging technologies.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career! We’re proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we’re super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, we look out for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- A business striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to enrich it.
We are committed to best practices in recruitment and undertake Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.