DESIblitz Job: Senior Project Manager (EA)
Website Calibre Search
Calibre Search are proud to be working with one of the world leaders in Design Engineering on a number of projects across the UK. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with the Environment Agency and HS2 amongst others on schemes that will make a positive difference to people across the country.
Due to securing projects on a number of frameworks, they are looking for Senior Project Managers to provide services within their Operational Teams on major projects and strategies, together with the Project Executive services to their programme of projects. This role also provides mentoring and support to junior project managers where required.
You will be required to manage health, safety & wellbeing matters by actively promoting awareness and good practice and ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance. You will also be required to understand, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders and understand, interpret and communicate the work and structure of the Environment Agency within the wider context based on knowledge and experience.
The role of Senior Project Manager will be expected to undertake the following:
- Manage the delivery of medium to high risk multi-disciplinary projects within the constraints of an agreed budget, programme, and quality criteria, to achieve successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support operational priorities in line with legislation, Environment Agency policy and required environmental outcomes.
- Guide, advise and support team members to resolve local issues and incidents, so that decisions are made on sound technical grounds and in line with best practice and timeframes.
- Monitor progress of work, identify gaps in the delivery of priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service; for the appropriate reallocation of time and effort.
- Identify and produce required documentation and reports to agreed quality standards to support operational work, management decisions, public enquiries, court appeals etc, so that information, evidence and Environment Agency interests are accurately and effectively presented.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of emergency plans, including acting as ‘site controller’ during incidents to deliver effective, timely and safe response to emergency incidents.
- Participate in or lead local projects and working groups to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
You will have a minimum of six years’ project management experience and have a project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM and a relevant degree such as in civil engineering, environmental science or geography. You will need a strong history in both contract (NEC3 and 4) and project management and a record of delivering complex, high-risk projects successfully including working on civil engineering projects. It would be beneficial if you were a member of a related professional body, preferably chartered and possess a full UK driving licence as some travel is involved.
For more information about this role, please contact Sam Smith at Calibre Search in Leeds or click apply
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.