DESIblitz Job: Senior Freshwater Scientist
Website Marketplace Technical
Leading Independent Environmental Consultancy seeks an experienced Senior Freshwater Scientist.
You will have previous work experience in working with macroinvertebrate samples and be able to provide specialist technical input, where required. In addition, you will be comfortable in working within a fast-paced environment with deadlines and budget in mind, while ensuring that all needs of the laboratory are met. You will develop and maintain positive relations with your team and with clients. As well as demonstrate great leaderships skills in order to confidently provide support in supervising junior staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Process macroinvertebrate samples to the required taxonomic level.
* Demonstrate an excellent AQC record.
* To project manage or supervise field, laboratory and consultancy projects associated with freshwater Biolabs as required.
* To undertake data entry, analysis and to write technical reports/procedures as required.
* To contribute towards standard identification policies across the freshwater laboratories (e.g. sharing new taxonomic literature, new APEM taxon records and identification tips/guides).
* Provide or assist in the submission of laboratory service tenders and quotes.
* To assign and maintain delivery of specific management role(s) in support of laboratory activities (e.g. database development, staff training, laboratory supplies, sample transportation, H&S representative, vehicle / equipment management etc) and technical specialism and successful management of large / complex projects.
* Work with the Laboratory Manager to ensure laboratory compliance with environmental and health and safety standards.
* Work with the Laboratory Manager to manage the quality control of laboratory analysis.
* Lead on the supervision of freshwater laboratory activities and employees in the absence of Laboratory Manager and as delegated by the Laboratory Manager.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.