DESIblitz Job: Senior Design Engineer – Highways
Website Roma Black Associates
Roma Black are currently working with a client who support Buckinghamshire County Council and are recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer – Highways.
We are looking for someone with experience of designing highway schemes using AutoCad.
The role involves design work for a range of projects to include carriage way and footway repairs and reconstruction, drainage, temporary works, traffic management and road markings.
Day to day responsibilities of a Senior Design Engineer – Highways:
- Create highway designs for a variety of projects
- Assist the Project Manager and deputise as required.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to Junior members of staff
- Provide technical direction for staff dealing with all aspects of the highway service.
- Manage the delivery of the local programme of works ensuring that it is delivered to budget, to agreed timescales and to the right quality.
- Assist with the preparation of reports
- Liaising with other Teams and Services
- Attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries
- Attend site to carry out site surveys
- Development and review of policies, plans, procedures and practices.
- Prepare drawings, reports and calculations for projects
Essential Background/Skills of a Senior Design Engineer – Highways:
- Highway design experience
- Relevant qualification, ideally to degree standard
- Capable of managing a workload with changing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team leading / staff management experience
- Extensive knowledge of design procedures and construction regulations
- AutoCad experience is essential and knowledge of MX/3D Cad would be an advantage
Features and Benefits:
- Competitive salary up to £39,000 p/a
- Flexibility with regards to part remote working available although some time must be spent in the Aylesbury office and visiting sites in Buckinghamshire
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.