DESIblitz Job: Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Website Lloyds Banking Group
Tuesday 12 December 2023
£52,912 – £66,140
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Salary : £66,861 – £74,290
Manchester – Can also be based in Halifax, Leeds, Bristol or Edinburgh
Full-time For many of our office based colleagues, we work in hybrid ways which involves spending at least two days per week or 40% of their time at one of our office sites.Would you like to work across the Group’s Google and Azure cloud platforms, in the Network and Perimeter Security team? We are using modern technology and new ways of thinking to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank’s vision for 2023 and beyond.What you’ll do……
- Provide security leadership, guidance and consultation to diverse teams built from a mixture of LBG employee’s, contractors and 3rd party consultants
- Own the end-to-end security view for specific platform components and shared services
- Be an SME for Products / Services
- Working with an Engineer Lead and Product Owner to define a roadmap for Product Team owned Products & Services
- Balance the needs of the business and security with a risk-based approach
- Be ‘hands-on’ and collaborate with peers to engineer new or enhance infrastructure level capabilities
- Provide advice and guidance more junior members of the team
What will I get involved with?
- Working with architects and engineers to collaboratively define high & Low level designs
- PoCs of new products / use-cases
- Operational documentation for support and consumption of products
- Proactively identifying security risks
- Identify shortcomings and opportunities: suggesting and implementing improvements
- Contributing to and helping create an inclusive and collaborative environment for engineers to grow, develop and deliver value
About usIf you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purposeWhat skills & experience will I need? Essential:
- Hands on experience working with: Terraform, Python, Azure DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD, IaC, PaaS
- Conceptual knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- At least 3 years’ DevOps / Engineer experience
- Experience working on a Public Cloud – Azure or GCP
- Self-starter and able to self-manage workload
- Practical / theoretical experience of Cloud Security
- Able to demonstrate completion of technical, hands-on tasks (writing code, interacting with APIs, deploying / managing infrastructure & Cloud
- Cloud and Security certifications
- Worked within a Cyber Security engineering team
About working for usOur focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
- 60% working from home / 40% working from the office
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.