DESIblitz Job: Section Engineer – Structures
Website Pinnacle Recruitment
We have an exciting opportunity to work on a Main Civil Engineering and construction contractor to work on a very prestigious project in the Essex
This construction programme is underway with c 2 years worth of work in front of them. They require a Site / Section Engineer to work across the project responsible for the Structures / new bridge section as well as Highways works
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on civil schemes, with a background, either within heavy civils, and structures, highways or infrastructure.
Responsibilities as Section Engineer:
• act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives within your area of responsibility.
• develop safe systems of work, method statements and quality documentation; ITPs, QRPs and the like.
• produce, monitor and control budgets for sections of work scope.
• ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
• oversee the selection and requisition of materials
• manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents
• liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
• attending regular progress meetings to inform the wider team
• carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force, junior site engineers and the work of any subcontractors in area of responsibility
• plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
• oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
• prepare reports as required
• resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
• MEng/BEng/Foundation Degree/BTEC/ Degree in Civil Engineering
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.