DESIblitz Job: School Administrator
Adecco Cramlington are delighted to support our client in a search for an experience administrator from a similar setting, to offer support to departments within the central services team.
We’ve worked with the client for a number of years, and supported with vacancies which have completed their probation and offered a permanent contract – albeit based upon your commitment to the role.
In a time where stability is more important than ever, this is what our client can offer – this is not a temporary short stint, we’re looking for someone who wants to apply themselves and be rewarded with permanency.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and deal with visitors, current and prospective parents, pupils, and others in a positive and professional manner.
- Liaise with the Senior School Office on a daily basis and maintain clear links, passing and gathering all necessary information to department heads.
- Maintain the School diary and calendar. Assist the Head Teacher to collate ‘Week Ahead’ information.
- Open mail and distribute to appropriate staff on a daily basis. Prepare internal and external post to be sent daily.
- Answer the telephone and being the first point of contact for parental communication.
- Operate the security gates for vehicle and pedestrian access.
- Undertake general office administration tasks, including filing, photocopying and other reprographics, and secretarial work.
- Arrange transport for school trips, sporting fixtures and other events.
- Maintain a list of clubs operating within the School and sent to parents and teachers. Receive and collate payments for clubs and forward to the finance team.
- Assist with arrangements for sporting fixtures, to include booking buses, updating the calendar and e-calendar, preparing pupil lists, letters and other communications to parents, and collating pupil replies.
- Distribution of all information, teaching and non-teaching, throughout the School.
- Complete morning and afternoon registration. Follow up on unexplained absences. Run daily absence report and maintain records.
- Enter pupils’ details onto bespoke system, maintain records and update pupil files (manually and electronically), in particular details of pupils with more than one parental location, and details of arrangements for collecting pupils.
- Maintain accurate e-mail address records on bespoke system to facilitate and generate e-mail communication to parents as required.
- Ensure all pupil files and information are passed on to the Senior Schools’ office as pupils transfer from Year 6 to Year 7, or to another educational establishment.
- Place all school orders for stationery and teaching materials in line with budget allowed, ensuring orders are combined and discounts obtained where possible.
- Receive deliveries, liaise with caretaker and distribute orders.
- Order bags and bottles for sale to parents.
- Liaise with the Bursar’s Office over Junior School pupils using the Schools’ bus services and minibus shuttle arrangement. Ensure any changes to usage by pupils are notified straightaway to the Bursar’s Office.
- Maintaining Breakfast and After School Care records: collating forms daily; providing lists to Breakfast and After School Club staff, Kitchen Manager, Class Teachers and Bursar’s Office.
- Receiving and collating monies for photographs, trips, deposits etc and forwarding to finance Office.
- Passing authorised invoices on to finance Office for payment.
- Maintain and monitor petty cash float; log receipts and reimburse monies up to £25. Count and balance petty cash weekly.
- All cash/cheques to be stored securely in the safe within the School office at all times.
- Undertake annual safeguarding training and adhere to Schools’ safeguarding procedures.
- Ensure all visitors, contractors and agency staff are signed in and given the visitors’ leaflet which includes information on safeguarding.
- Ensure agency staff and contractors have appropriate paperwork in place, proof of ID is checked, and they are supervised as necessary according to status. Liaise with Office Manager or HR Manager where necessary.
- Ensure staff are aware that visitors are to be accompanied at all times whilst on site.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.