DESIblitz Job: Residential Childcare Trainer/Assessor
Website Educated Appointments
Educated Appointments are delighted to be supporting a well established and growing Oftsed graded GOOD training provider to hire a residential Childcare Trainer/Assessor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering both the Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Level 4 and Children, Young People and Families Manager Level 5 apprenticeship standards to a casleload of learners in the Manchester area.
This is a hybrid role with the successful Trainer/Assessor working from home delivering training remotely and conducting face to face obervations in Manchester with learners once every three months. Due to the nature of this role, our client require candidates to hold a full UK driving license and access to their own vehicle, mileage expenses for face to face observations is reimursed at 45P per mille.
To support learners to achieve their level 4 and level 5 residential childcare apprenticeship standard or employer-based qualification, by providing high quality teaching, training, coaching and mentoring and ensuring a stimulating learning and assessment experience.
- Responsible for an agreed caseload of apprentices and employer-based learners, providing them with high-quality training, coaching, mentoring and assessment to achieve their apprenticeship standard, and/or associated qualifications, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that assessment of learners’ starting points is used in planning and sequencing their training regarding knowledge, skills, behaviours, English and maths development.
- Develop and agree individual training plans, in collaboration with employers, which provide support to learners to meet the content of, and effectively prepare them for, the final assessment/end point assessment.
- Ensure that all learners and employers are provided with a comprehensive induction programme, confirming that employers know their roles and responsibilities in the collaborative relationship to support the progress of their learner.
- Develop and implement effective training and learning strategies and activities, including resources to support learners in making progress towards successful completion of their learning programme.
- Provide training, coaching and assessment ensuring training meets standards set by our clients and Awarding Organisations (AO), including complying with the relevant AO and Acorn Training quality assurance processes and requirements in all assessment practice, and presenting learners’ work for quality assurance purposes when required.
- Ensure that off-the-job training is effectively planned and tracked as part of the individual apprentices’ training plan and is robustly monitored.
- Actively support and encourage the continuous development of learners’ English, maths, and digital skills.
- Ensure all learners have access to pastoral support, including ensuring a good understanding of Safeguarding, Prevent, Radicalisation, Equality, Diversity and Fundamental British values.
- Organise and plan assessment opportunities and regular review meetings with learners and their employer to set and review targets and progress, and ensure constructive feedback that is developmental, is documented and provided to enhance learners’ progress.
- Provide information, advice and guidance to learners and employers throughout their programme, ensuring that all learners are aware of Guidance and Wellbeing available to them to support their progress.
- Effectively manage timescales and be clear in setting and agreeing objectives and deadlines, monitoring training and assessment outcomes and achievement.
- Carry out employer health and safety risk assessment reviews, where necessary.
- Maintain an electronic diary of sessions and visits to the learners in their workplaces, ensuring visits and interactions are planned in advance, adhering to the lone working policy.
- Maintain accurate records for all apprentices and employers in electronic systems, ensuring that all interactions are documented in a timely manner.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.