DESIblitz Job: Quantity Surveyor Construction
Website Michael Taylor Search & Selection
Client: Having been established for over 100 years the business has established itself as a top 5 contractor and turning over £500M. With offices nationwide they operate in a variety of sectors including Commercial Offices, Infrastructure, Rail, Datacentre and Public sectors; with project values ranging from £1M to £120M. Their specialist apprenticeships are industry renowned.
Role: Working within the commercial team and alongside the operations team, the business is looking to take on a Quantity Surveyor. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the costs and contractual aspects of the project and will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed within budgetary constraints and in compliance with relevant contractual agreements.
Position: Quanity Surveyor – £50,000 – £70,000 + Car Allowance + Travel Expenses + Healthcare + Pension
Project: New Build Data Centre circa £100M in Essex.
- Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates for construction projects.
- Conduct cost analysis and advise on cost-effective solutions.
- Administer and manage construction contracts.
- Review and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Monitor compliance with contractual obligations.
- Monitor project budgets and financial performance.
- Identify and address cost variations and deviations.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize cost efficiency.
- Manage the procurement process for construction materials and services.
- Source and negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Perform quantity takeoffs from construction drawings and specifications.
- Identify and assess potential risks related to cost and contracts.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare regular cost reports and updates for project stakeholders.
- Communicate financial information to project teams and management.
- Evaluate and process variations and change orders.
- Assess the impact of changes on project costs and timelines.
- Assist in resolving disputes related to contracts and costs.
- Provide support in legal and arbitration proceedings if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree Qualified or progressed from a tools background.
- 3 years experience in the same role.
- Experience in the Data Centre sector.
- Proven experience in managing packages worth £10M or more.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.