DESIblitz Job: Psychology Graduate
Website Teaching Personnel
Have you studied or are studying Psychology and are looking to gain professional experience?
Teaching Personnel Hampshire SEN branch is looking for Support Workers to work with students with complex learning difficulties.
The Ideal Support assistant for this school needs to have resilience in abundance, humour & the ability to use your initiative in challenging situations that may arise. Key characteristics of the ideal candidate for this school is anyone who has an interest in supporting challenging behaviour within an alternative provision, psychology graduates and sports orientated candidates.
As well continuous support for the pupil, the behaviour will also be required to provide general support with the rest of the class:
- Delivering tailored learning activities prepared by the teacher
- Supporting the social and emotional development of students, raising any concerns as per the school’s policy and protocols.
- Ensuring that all pupils can engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Display patience, understanding and commitment
- Show patience and understanding towards challenging behaviour
- Supporting students who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), whilst they are studying the curriculum. Your attention is to ensure their focus and engagement in class, to motivate their best efforts towards their education. However with their SEMH needs, difficult and challenging behaviour is to be expected, in which case, a candidate who has a calming but firm personality, is able to communicate on an authoritative level respectfully and is patient in trying to understand student behaviour would be ideal for this role.
- As well as managing their behaviour, you can expect to advise them on how to work through certain problems and issues or help them to communicate their issues in another way other than misbehaving. You will be acting as a role model and guide which they may not have access to in other areas of life.
Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting assistants and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
The role will operate between 8:30 – 15:30, Monday – Friday.
Full time is preferred but part time applicants may still apply.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.