DESIblitz Job: Project Manager – Steel Fabrication
Website Skilltech Resourcing
Skilltech Resourcing are currently recruiting for an ambitious and highly organised individual for their client in the Widnes area, an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful steel fabrication business delivering bespoke engineering and fabrication solutions into markets such as – Aerospace, Automotive, Food, Distribution etc.
The ideal candidate will have served a mechanical apprenticeship with strong “hands on” experience within fabrication and welding prior to developing their career into contracts/ project management.
Duties include but not limited to
- Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of varying value projects on time and to cost.
- As the direct interface with clients ensure strong relationships are built and maintained with clear and accurate communication.
- Liaise with the shop floor during manufacture to ensure strict deadlines are met across all projects, deliver progress reports to the senior management team.
- Procurement and expediting – the ability to build strong relationships with raw material and component suppliers.
- Identify and monopolise on additional revenue streams/ projects with both current and prospective clients, suggest areas and business opportunities from experience to the senior management.
We are looking for a Project Manager with
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience managing projects of varying size/ value within steel fabrication and engineering.
- Design capabilities – proficient in the use of CAD/3D software.
- Strong understanding of the day-to-day operations of an engineering/ fabrication workshop in order to accurately quote and liaise with clients.
- Organised and progressive mindset, be willing to go the extra mile!
What’s on offer
- £45,000 basic salary.
- Bonus scheme for value generated.
- All the necessary tools to help you succeed.
- An environment where your suggestions will be supported and the opportunity to challenge yourself to develop new revenue streams and build your own legacy!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.