DESIblitz Job: Project Manager (Flood Risk and Flood Defence)
Website Calibre Search
Project Manager (Flood Risk and Flood Defence)
Manchester and North West England
£40k – £55k
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager working within Flood Risk and Flood Defence to join a highly successful team working for one of the World’s leading Civil Infrastructure organisations. This role will be covering the North West of England stretching from South Manchester and Merseyside up to Cumbria.
This role will be providing Project Management services within the Operational teams on major UK projects and strategies, working closely with the Project Executives and programme Managers. The right person will be required to provide mentoring and support to junior Project Managers where required.
Expectations for the role of Project Manager (Flood Risk and Flood Defence)
- Manages health, safety & wellbeing matters by actively promoting awareness and good practice and ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance. Roles at this level in this job family may be responsible for safety in a regulatory capacity.
- Promotes inclusion by respecting differences in our workforce and works to build a supportive & engaging workplace.
- Required to understand, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders. Needs to understand the audience and communicate at the right level.
- Ensures work is consistently delivered to required standards and service levels while reflecting best practice ways of working.
- Understands, interprets and communicates the work and structure of the Environment Agency within the wider context based on knowledge and experience.
Education, Professional Qualifications Requirements
The individuals proposed for the role of Project Manager (Flood Risk and Flood Defence) shall demonstrate:
- A minimum of four years’ project management experience
- A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM
- A relevant degree such as in civil engineering, environmental science or geography
- Strong history in both contract (NEC3 and 4) and project management.
- A member of or working towards a related professional body, preferably chartered
- A record of delivering projects successfully including working on civil engineering projects.
- The ability to bring big-picture thinking that improves the methods, behaviours and processes.
- A full driving licence, as some travel is involved
For more information please contact Andrew Wilson at Calibre Search Manchester or apply below.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.