DESIblitz Job: Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Website Project Resource
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
West Sussex / Home
Salary: up to £(phone number removed) per annum + company benefits
Job Ref: DR71485
A great career opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer at Senior or Principal level, to join a specialist company who operate in the Data Centre sector of construction. As a Design & Build contractor with over 50 years industry experience in this niche sector, they are actively looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to Lead and deliver Data Centre / Mission Critical projects in the UK & Europe.
As the sole Principal Mechanical Engineer in the team the role will report to the Divisional Director. You will assist the Senior Management team at a strategic level, involved with the growth of both the team and overall business. As Principal Mechanical Engineer you will help with the support and develop of junior members of the team.
Data Centre project experience is an essential requirement for position. In addition to experience in design engineering of Mechanical systems, experience on site in a typical project/package manager, or commissioning remit is ideal, but not essential.
The offices are based in Sussex, due to COVID, flexible working is on offer which is a mix between home, office and site based.
- Act as Lead Engineer on selected projects.
- Day to day involvement in strategic consultancy, feasibility and master planning, traditional design, engineering, commissioning & IST management, certifications, and compliance.
- You will be expected to operate in cross-functional teams in which the engineer is involved at every stage of design and development, in collaboration with colleagues in other engineering functions.
- Provision of design documentation, including, specifications, schedules, and reports.
- Undertake Technical Presentations and Design Workshops with Clients as required.
- Supporting and undertaking Data centre commissioning services.
- Supporting the development, introduction & evaluation of new products, or new to data centre industry technologies.
- Assisting in management of the Engineering teams, as well as mentoring and helping train junior engineers.
Experience / Skills:
- A proven track record in Mechanical Building Services Design, at least at Senior Mechanical Design Engineer level, gained in the UK or Europe.
- Must have recent live project experience on a Data Centre, ideally multiple.
- Ideal, but not essential, experience on mechanical installations, including ventilation
- Ideal, but not essential, project, site, or work package management experience
To apply for the position of Principal Mechanical Design Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.