DESIblitz Job: Power Platform Engineer
Website Department of Work & Pensions
Power Platform Engineer
Pay between £40,201 – £50,719, plus 27.9% employer pension contributions worth over £11,000, hybrid working, and great work life balance. Includes flexi-time with up 3 extra days off a month.
This role can be based from any of the following locations, Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle. We work a hybrid model: 40% of your time in a hub and 60% from home.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We help people into work and make payments worth over £195bn a year, to support millions of daily users.
Our DWP Digital teams are using tech to build services that work better and more simply for the people that need them, and more efficiently for the taxpayer.
We’re looking for a hands-on Power Platform Engineer.
You’ll join a newly formed team and help deliver the strategy for Low Code/Power Apps supporting an array of DWP business areas, creating varied solutions within the Power Platform
You will work in an Agile environment, with our Senior Application Engineer, other application engineers and within a delivery squad (Delivery Manager, BAs, Dev Ops, Architects and Testers).
You’ll support applications which have been built using PowerApps and Power Automate.
And you’ll convert old systems into low code applications and building new applications from scratch.
- Experience of developing applications using the Microsoft Power Platform
- Able to work as part of a high functioning team in Agile/Rapid application development environments
- Experience of recommending and assessing tooling standards to be used for application engineering
- Experience of working with others to set standards and drive change
- Experience of coaching and mentoring of junior engineers
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills, we pay £40,201 – £50,719 per annum.
You’ll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions to 27.9%, worth over to £11,000 in your pension pot each year.
Plus, a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising over time to 31 days.
You can also take up to 3 extra days off a month on flexi-time.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- An award-winning environment and culture: Employer of the Year 2023 (Women In IT Awards), Founders Award for Outstanding Digital Leadership 2023 (Digital 100)
- Flexible working including flexible hours and family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.