DESIblitz Job: Personal Insurance Advisor
Website Sammons Group
Our client have been providing insurance services and advice for business and private clients for over 40 years and are on the market looking for a Personal Insurance Advisor to provide support to their personal line clients. The candidate must be able to ensure conversion of new business, service of existing accounts, retention of renewals and claims handling. The candidate is required to achieve company income targets, in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- To prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- To construct effective written communications and demonstrate effective telephone skills
- Develop and maintain good relationships with insurers and clients
- Manage individual and department diary system
- Ensure that renewals are reviewed and processed in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements
- Manage the collection and processing of premiums from clients and the smooth running of the company’s credit control procedures.
- Assist the accounts department with queries
- Respond promptly and in a courteous and helpful manner to queries, ensuring that all communications with clients, insurers or other relevant business contacts are accurately recorded
- Ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated promptly
- Maintain records in accordance with the company’s procedures and regulatory requirements
- Generate enquiries by prospecting and pro-actively selling, including making outbound telephone calls
- Analyse client needs and develop solutions
- Discuss any “additional” covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied
- Deal with claims in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements
- Supportive colleagues in the personal lines and other departments where required and assist the department manager in the running of the department, including the training and supervision of junior staff.
- Use judgement and experience to know when to seek help from a senior colleague
- Perform other tasks that may be requested by the department manager or managing director based upon your experience, knowledge and development plan.
- Undergo an appraisal on an annual basis and undertake any training that arises as a result.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- New business conversion
- Renewal retention
- Accuracy of Data Input
- Accuracy of Documentation
- Maintenance of Diary
- Promptness in dealing with correspondence
- Promptness in returning telephone calls
- Promptness in answering telephone
- Time keeping and attendance
- Appropriate dress code
- Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
Reference: (phone number removed)
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.