DESIblitz Job: Payroll Team Leader
Job Specification Job title: Payroll Team Leader
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Well-established accountancy firm based in Lancaster providing Accounting, Payroll and Umbrella solutions. The company offer a high-quality service in Bookkeeping, Accounts, Payroll, VAT Returns and Tax Services as well as offering a wealth of knowledge and advice.
Position Summary This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong leadership skills and previous experience in payroll. The role will involve supporting the payroll manager with the overseeing of the day to day work of the umbrella payroll team. The team are responsible for the delivery of services to a portfolio of clients using both the umbrella payroll solution and payroll bureau. Tasks will include planning the team’s workload, liaising with clients/employees, answering technical payroll queries, reviewing work, dealing with payroll escalations and providing an all-round service going above and beyond for clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Be the ‘go-to’ person for the payroll team to assist them with any technical payroll queries or complaints
* Ensure the team are on track running weekly/monthly payrolls accurately, precisely and on time
* Weekly reporting for the payroll manager including weekly/monthly pension reporting
* Reconciliation of payments to invoices
* Bank statement downloading/uploading
Customer service, including answering telephone calls and emails and dealing with queries and complaints
* HMRC reporting, for example on RTI’s, student loans and EYU when applicable
* Credit Control
* Implementing and carrying out of attachment of earnings order
* Monitoring of work undertaken by other payroll team members
* Payroll bureau for accounting clients Essential Qualifications and Skills
* Previous experience of payroll and working within a payroll department
* Previous experience executing a payroll and working within a payroll team
* GCSE Maths and English to grade C and above
* Previous experience of managing a team
* Knowledge of pensions and pension providers
* Knowledge of current active payroll legislation
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to demonstrate patience in demanding circumstances
* Excellent timekeeping and management ability with the ability to prioritise workload to ensure all tasks are carried out on a daily basis, and all deadlines are met
* IT Skills with competent use of word and excel Desirable Qualifications and Skills
* CIPP Qualified
* Knowledge and usage of “My Digital Accounts” software
* Experience with Payroll bureau solution/provider
* Money laundering training knowledge
* Advanced IT skills, including PowerPoint, use of macros etc
* Knowledge and previous experience of umbrella payroll solution
* Knowledge and previous experience of working within the contractor industry
* Basic knowledge of limited companies
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.