DESIblitz Job: Payroll Administrator
Website Sewell Wallis Ltd
I’m currently working with a fantastic client based in near Doncaster who are recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have extensive payroll knowledge, with experience of working in different business and knowledge of different payroll systems. This role will be responsible for running the payroll of 90+ employees.
Your duties will include:
* Monthly payroll (90+ Employee’s) preparation for hourly (8 Staff) and monthly paid staff, Payroll processing, payments to EE’s, HMRC, Westfield and Court Orders, for 4 sites.
* Managing and paying attachments to earning from DEA/DEO, Court Orders for fines and council tax arrears, student Loans etc
* Management of SSP, SMP and SPP and ensuring all forms required are received within required timescales.
* Management of Price Contributory Westfield Health Scheme.
* Dealing with requests for information from HMRC.
* Management of the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme.
* Calculating 6 monthly absence bonus for all staff via attendance register.
* Pay quarterly bonus payments for Managers and monthly bonus for Drivers/Warehouse from reports prepared by senior Managers.
* Maintain and Monitor absence/sickness and balance holiday records.
* 52-week average holiday pay calculations for all hourly Staff.
* Inputting of weekly timesheets from Time & Attendance System Kronos (UKG) for all staff to establish hours to pay / check hours each month.
* Managing Kronos for new starters and leavers, weekly timesheet approval / time off requests and dealing with staff/manager issues with Kronos support where required.
* Using Kronos to Pay & Export Data ready for checking in Payroll system
* Inputting/Checking of auto enrolment pension information, sending to pension provider for assessment and ensuring correct pension deductions for staff after waiting periods, and dealing with 3-year re-enrolment of staff who have opted out or are on a payment holiday.
* Monthly Payment to Pension Provider for payroll pension deductions.
* National Statistics returns for Payroll.
* Responsible for Payroll Month end and Yearend Reporting /Closing.
* Ensuring payroll software up to date, including checking payroll new year software updates.
* Monthly Wages & Salaries Reconciliation Payroll to Nominal Ledger.
* Input annual HMRC payment to bank for P11d’s Class 1A NIC’s calculated by Financial Controller.
* Code / check purchase invoices for agency staff for all sites, then pass to finance team for batch input into accounts system, scanning & email for authorising and clear query flag when back authorised, ready for payment.
* Monthly KPI’s for payroll within 5 days of payroll date & detailed breakdown of absence by reason / employee.
* Annual review of payroll allowances/Rates – Pensions 85% Salary rule, Meal Supplements, Nights Out payments, hours worked by hourly / salaried staff and ensure that all HMRC Rules / NLW guidelines are complied with.
* Staff uniform management including ordering, receipting and issuing to staff, along with dealing with staff orders after probation passed, and leaver uniform returns / Stock Management.
* General ad hoc assistance in the HR / finance team to cover holidays, sickness and busy periods.
* Writing and keeping up to date “How to” notes for the role and for employees, managers and Administrators for both the payroll and time & attendance system.
* Excellent Excel Skills – Intermediate Level or above
* Must have experience in processing a payroll for 90 staff paid hourly and salaried in one monthly payroll, with various bonus schemes and processing additional manual payments elements for sick, time off etc.
* Ability to use existing systems and follow procedures efficiently and make suggestions for improvements
* Knowledge in SSP, SMP, SPP, student Loans and attachments to earnings, and processing payments on HSBC bank system or similar.
* Must have experience with payroll year end, checking payroll software updates
* 28 days holiday rising to a max of 34 days per length of service
* Westfield Health Cover
* Attendance bonuses
* Pension Scheme
* On site parking
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with end-to-end payroll experience to take on a challenge in a friendly working environment.
If this role is of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.