DESIblitz Job: One to One SEN Teaching Assistant
Website Academics Ltd
One to One SEN Teaching Assistant
Could you change the future, by supporting a child with autism and complex learning needs to engage with their education?
Are you confident in supporting in the classroom, enabling children to access their education? Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs needs or Autistic Spectrum Conditions? Are you confident in working with children with ASD, MLD, PMLD, or other comorbid conditions? Are you familiar working in a One to One setting within a school? Are you able to engage in physical activity as a therapeutic support method?
You’ll be kept busy, supporting a secondary pupil within the school environment. You will be focussed and dedicated; working intensively to offer support to the child to enable them to manage their emotions and engage with their classes. You’ll take initiative, be resilient, and drive the pupil to achieve and progress. You’ll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage the pupil to act independently to succeed.
- An experienced teaching assistant, familiar with young people with SEN, autism, PMLD, or other disabilities and needs
- Experienced working with children with mental health needs
- Able to offer physical education as support
- Comfortable working on a 121 basis
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
- Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
- Generous rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
- Honest and friendly service
- Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
Our staff say…
- ‘I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!’
- ‘A warm, friendly, but professional service’
- ‘I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like ‘more than just a number’
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you’re looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we’re happy to discuss our opportunities with you!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.