DESIblitz Job: Nights Semi Skilled Engineer
Website E3 Recruitment
If you are a Semi Skilled Maintenance Engineer on the lookout for a stimulating and interesting new position near you then look no further, as I have the perfect opportunity for you! One of our patron partners in Leeds are on the searching for a diverse individual who is qualified in Electrical Engineering with the additional exposure to one of the following sectors; Food, Drink, FMCG, Packaging or Print Industry. The position is working hours are Monday to Friday 10:00pm till 6:00am.
This family ran organisation is renowned for constantly working in partnership with local business and retailers in the UK. This Food Manufacturer are always looking to better themselves and grow with the times.
Roles and Responsibility
- Being a Semi Skilled Engineer, you will be responsible for dealing with both reactive and preventative maintenance across the whole site.
- Will be involved with a variety of projects such as, PPM, Continuous Improvement and New Machinery Installations along with other Maintenance Engineers within the company.
- Within this role you will be working on various machinery such as conveyors, check weighers, packaging machinery, metal detectors. So, having experience/knowledge of how to deal with the maintenance of these machines would be essential.
- Another key attribute as a Semi Skilled Maintenance Engineer for this company is to be able to plan and apply forward thinking, to ensure limited downtime.
- Having a semi-skilled skill set, will mean that your role is varied due to the nature of the company and the challenges which you will be faced with 24/7.
To Be Successful
- You will need to hold one of the following qualifications to be considered: City and Guilds Level 3, NVQ Level 3 or BTEC (Apprenticeship) in Electrical Engineering.
- If Electrical Biased, it would be beneficial if you have experience on PLCs such as Siemens S7, Allan Bradley and/or Mitsubishi.
- You will need to be competent in dealing with both Electrical and Mechanical breakdowns on Food Production Machinery
- Industry experience within one of the following areas is essential: Food, Drink, Packaging, Print or FMCG environment.
- The following job titles that would be considered for this role would be; Maintenance Engineer, Semi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Semi-Skilled Technician, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Technician/Electrician, Semi-Skilled Electrician, Mechanical Technician, Shift Electrician or Shift Technician.
In return, for being semi-skilled you will be offered a truly varied role within a dynamic and a fast-paced business where opportunities to develop your skill sets and career progression path often arise.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.