DESIblitz Job: Finance Graduate – National Grid
Ref no: 16979
Salary: £27,500 Bachelors / £28,500 Masters
End of Placement Location: Warwick
Closing Date: 16th December 2018
* You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in any subject.
* This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
Through the Finance graduate scheme you will undertake three, 12 month placements in a variety of different teams, with the aim of offering a breadth of experiences in the many different types of Finance teams.
The expectation is that the three placements would cover some of the following, with the ideal path picking the latter roles in the later placements as you gain experience of National Grid, Finance and through undertaking a professional qualification (CIMA or ACCA).
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
Transactional / General Accounting Teams
This type of placement is designed to develop your base level finance knowledge and technical skills. This will usually include:
* Transactional level accounting, journals and cost centre management
Integrity of the numbers – ensuring the right costs are in the right place at the right time
* Understanding of the finance systems and data structures
Management / Project Accounting
These placements will build on the fundamental knowledge developed in the first, applying this further and expanding knowledge of the businesses being supported.
* Analysing and interpreting project spend to understand trends and identify opportunities
* Reporting and commentary for specific projects
* Working with project teams to manage the forecasting and budgeting cycle
Further building on the earlier placements, a business partner role allows you to embed within the business with a focus on providing insight and being a trusted advisor to the teams you support.
This will further develop your personal skills such as managing stakeholder and customer relationships
* Supporting business and finance initiatives to drive performance and efficiencies
* Planning, forecasting & budgeting
Placements in the Corporate Centre give you the opportunity to view the many businesses of National Grid, both UK and US, as a whole. This will broaden your understanding of the business, whilst challenging and developing different skills.
* Creation of the company’s annual & half year accounts as well as the regular reporting to the Board and Senior Leadership teams.
* Funding of the company in the most efficient way possible. Roles could include supporting debt issuances and managing relationships with banks and credit rating agencies
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.