DESIblitz Job: Mobile Technician
Ready to find the right role for you?
Job Title – Mobile Technician
Salary – £32,000 – £34,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) with company van and Veolia benefits
Location – Yorkshire (mobile role covering West and South Yorkshire) predominantly Leeds and Halifax
Hours – 08.00 – 16.30 Monday to Friday, 42 hours per week, with one in four call out
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to ‘Resource the World’. We have a new opportunity for an experienced skilled Mobile Technician to join our team in Yorkshire
As a Mobile Technician you will be responsible for carrying out the on-site operation and maintenance support on a range of industrial utility equipment which includes steam boilers, air compressors, CHP, water treatment plants and plate heat exchangers. We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background within the engineering and maintenance industry. This is a mobile role and will involve working at a number of sites. We can offer opportunities to upskill your current skill set with additional qualifications to include electrical and boiler safe qualifications.
What you’ll do
• Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on boiler and utility plant
• Routine steam boiler operational tasks to comply with legislation and company procedures
• Carry out electrical planned preventative maintenance (PPM) activities
• Able to carry out fault diagnosis on electrical LV control and power circuits
• Maintenance and publication of plant quality records and reports
• Ensuring compliance with the companies health and safety, quality and environmental procedures
• Customer focused on effective verbal and written communication skills
The experience you will need
• A strong proven engineering background within the engineering and maintenance industry with Steam Boiler Experience • Industrial Gas and Electrical experience
• Full driving licence
• Competence training (BOAS) would be highly beneficial
• ONC or equivalent in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
• Engineering time served apprenticeship.
• Competent and experienced to carry out Mechanical fault finding and maintenance.
• Competent and experienced to carry out Electrical and/or Control & Instrumentation fault finding and maintenance.
• HNC or equivalent in Engineering discipline.
• Experience with dual fuel burners, combustion control maintenance and testing.
• Knowledge of PMS systems (Trend / SCADA) and PLC systems
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive an extensive benefits package which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme as well as employee discounts. You will also receive 25 days paid holiday in addition to Bank Holidays. Additionally, we provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you. Apply now so together we can make our communities better.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.