DESIblitz Job: Mechanical Engineer
Website KAP Technical Limited
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Melton Mowbray LE13
The role is for a 24/7 engineer (£35k), shift is –
4 nights, 2 off, 3 days, 2 off, 3 nights, 2 off, 4 days 8 off (12 hour shifts)
20 days holiday including bank holidays (this increases by 1 day every 2 years of service up to a maximum of 4 extra days).
PPM experience required
Level 3 apprenticeship in either mechanical or electrical
Experience with pneumatics and CNC equipment
PLC experience an advantage
The responsibility of plant maintenance, to include:
- Maintaining a plant maintenance system that meets the requirements of the Plant Maintenance Policy and Engineering Work procedure.
- Ensuring that all delegated electrical/mechanical maintenance is performed with full regard to product safety and quality and employee Health and Safety.
- Implementing programs for continual process quality improvement.
- Attending to all documentation relevant to the plant maintenance system and Quality Department requirements.
- Attend to all requirements of the production personnel within the factory.
- Liaising with other Engineers and Factory Leadership to schedule work.
- Actively take part in machine trials, continuous improvement, and other development work.
- Ensure that engineering standards are maintained/improved and that the engineering work areas are maintained to acceptable standards.
Qualification, Experience and Skills/Competencies
- Apprenticeship served engineer with a formal electrical qualification. A minimum qualification of ONC in an engineering discipline is required.
- Experience in the Window frame manufacturing industry.
- Good organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Creative problem solving and continuous improvement mindset along with a strong ability to fault diagnose with clear understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
- Self-motivated, methodical, and able to work on own initiative.
- Must be highly accurate, set and work to a high standard with good attention to detail.
- Be flexible in their attendance to meet the company needs
- Be swift and methodical in their faulting skills whilst reacting to production requirements.
Please apply with your CV
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.