DESIblitz Job: Marine Engineer – Senior Mastercrafts
Website HSB Technical
Title: Master Craftsman – Engineering
Salary or Rate: £43,600
Hours: 40 Hour week with flexi time.
HSB ID: 187/125
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have several permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas – visit our website or LinkedIn page for more.
Typically, this person will a skilled Marine engineer who has worked at senior level.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business.
Day to day duties and responsibilities of the Master Craftsman:
• Undertake all Engineering activities in the manufacture of Luxury Sailing Yachts
• Actively coach, guide, train and mentor trainees, apprentices, and less experienced members/ responsible for the apprentice or trainee’s training and development
• Imparting knowledge, skills, and experience both practical and theoretical to other team members
• Keeping up to date on new methods and technologies
• To input and aid the creation of trainee/apprentice training programme in conjunction with production and leadership team.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of and other key personnel.
• Conduct toolbox talks
• Drive Quality control processes
Qualifications and requirements requested for the Master Craftsman:
• Experience in a senior trade role in the marine industry or comparable industry
• Experience in coaching or mentoring a team (supervisor/team leader)
• NVQ L3 or Apprenticeship equivalent
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical Ltd who are governed by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.