DESIblitz Job: Lead Electrical Design Engineer
Website Tec Partners
Our client is seeking an experienced Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join their dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a young and innovative business. In this role you will play a pivotal role in designing and developing electrical systems for cutting-edge NDP automation machines.
As an Lead Electrical Design Engineer, your role will include:
- Lead the electrical design for NDP automation machines, creating new systems from scratch.
- Design safety systems from the ground up to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Develop electrical cabinets for new machines, ensuring efficiency and reliability.
- Create and modify electrical drawings as needed, ensuring accuracy and precision.
- Produce pneumatic diagrams for seamless integration within their machines.
- Provide support for production by diagnosing and resolving electrical faults.
- Assist the controls engineer in commissioning activities to ensure smooth operations.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for existing machines.
- Take ownership of electrical safety, electrical risk assessments, and compliance with relevant standards.
- Occasionally participate in the international commissioning of machines.
- Manage and mentor junior electrical engineers and technicians.
- Maintain and manage electrical Bill of Materials (BOMs).
To be considered for this Lead Electrical Design Engineer role, you will need the following:
- Hold a qualification in electrical or mechatronic engineering (minimum foundation degree, HNC, HND, or degree in an applicable discipline).
- Possess a minimum of 8 years’ experience in creating and reading electrical schematics/circuit diagrams.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in designing complete electrical systems, including safety systems.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of UKCA/CE marking, PUWER, and machine certification.
- Familiarity with various motor drive technologies such as servo, DC, stepper, and AC motors.
- Knowledge of PLCs, with coding experience (Ladder logic and structured text) being advantageous.
- Experience with SolidWorks electrical is a plus.
- Holding an IOSH or equivalent health and safety certification is advantageous.
- Knowledge of PUWER accreditation and understanding is beneficial.
- Possess good general computer skills.
- Strong analytical abilities with a cause-effect mindset.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with the team.
The standard working hours are 9 am to 5 pm, with occasional flexibility for additional hours if required.
In return, our client will offer the successful Lead Electrical Design Engineer the following:
- £45,000 to £50,000, depending on experience.
- Pension contribution equal to 5% of your base salary.
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays (or a pro-rata number of days based on your start date).
- Bonus Scheme: You will have the opportunity to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, which, for 2023, can provide up to 20% of your salary on a pro-rata basis.
- Death in Service Insurance: You will be eligible for a death in service insurance coverage equal to 4 times your base salary.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.