DESIblitz Job: Junior Sous Chef
Website Rick Stein
- Pay – £26,500 per year
- Plus an extra potential up to £680 per month in tips* (average based on 45 hour week in september)
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Top 100 Best Companies to work for
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our friendly kitchen team at Rick Stein’s St Petroc’s Bistro in Padstow, Cornwall.
We see ourselves as being in the ‘cheering up industry’ trying to make people smile with great food, drink and experiences.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Showcasing your superior skills in the kitchen as you deliver inspiring food
- Supporting Head Chef Pete and taking ownership of the kitchen on Chef’s days off
- Learning about budgets & stock control
- Assisting the head chef with the scheduling, development and recruiting of new talent
- Keeping in touch with current food trends and having an input with suggestions for the menu
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance is important to us, we’ll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your salary you’ll earn tips and these are paid weekly into your bank, aren’t subject to ni deductions and you’ll even get tips when you’re on holiday!
- Staff discounts. You’ll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you’ll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Social events. You’ll get the chance to meet rick and the family at fun social events and parties.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you’re on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there’ll be little treats from us throughout the year. We’ve recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free stein’s at home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
- Holiday. You’ll get 28 days paid holiday which starts to increase after 2 years
Rick and Jill stein started our family run business back in 1975, and today we employ over 6oo happy staff. The business has grown from the first flagship seafood restaurant in Padstow to 10 restaurants across the south of England, plus hotel rooms, cookery school, shops and an online shop. Rick and Jill are still heavily involved in the business, as are their three sons Ed, Jack and Charlie.
Good to know…
- Parking – there is plenty of free parking available in Padstow.
- Travel to work – Padstow is on the bus route from Bodmin, Wadebridge and Newquay with regular buses throughout the day.
- You can cycle safely to work from Bodmin and Wadebridge to Padstow along the camel trail.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.