DESIblitz Job: Junior Network Engineer
Website YourRecruit (UK)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Network Engineer to join my client’s growing Network Engineering team. My client is a highly accredited and award-winning, Managed Service Provider (MSP) with over 15 years’ experience in managing customers solutions, integrating different IT vendors working as one.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a very successful, organisation that can offer an exciting working environment and fantastic career progression due to their size and projects currently available.
This is a technical role, and the key focus will be working with your colleagues within the team on BAU and maintenance tasks, as well as supporting new project and programme work. Some travel to Network Operation Centre (NOC), Data Centre and Customer Premises will be expected (ad-hoc).
- Support, maintain and improve the network, telephony, and mobile service across a variety of industry leading vendor platforms.
- Develop and document where required, technical policies and standards for the planning and design of the network, telephony, and mobile service.
- Investigate and diagnose complex vendor specific network and telephony problems with support from team colleagues, working with users, other staff, and suppliers as appropriate.
- Junior Network Engineer tasked to resolve such problems to maintain overall network performance.
- Use network management systems software and appropriate analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics, model performance, and create reports, including proposals for improvement.
- Ensure the support service is delivered to agreed SLAs, keeping users and colleagues updated on progress.
- Maintain existing and any new networking monitoring tools, software, and platforms.
The Successful Candidate:
- Support, fault diagnostics and maintenance of existing WAN and LAN design and equipment
- Junior Network Engineer with knowledge of security, NAT and routing policies
- Knowledge of routing protocols and IPSec VPN creation
- Juniper Edge and Core device support and maintenance
- Core Firewall and device support and maintenance
- Site Firewall support and maintenance
- Juniper edge and core switches plus firewalls
In return the client can offer a basic salary starting at £28,000 – £35,000 (DOE), fantastic career progression and a fast-paced, dynamic and incredibly exciting working environment plus company benefits that include hybrid working, 21 days holiday rising to 1 day per year, pension contribution, gym membership (50% paid for Fitness first gym) and incentives based on performance.
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruitIT Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.