DESIblitz Job: Junior / Graduate Technical Support Engineer
Junior / Graduate Technical Support Engineer
A powerhouse within the cloud computing platform industry is looking for a SQL Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Staines on an initial 12 month assignment with the flexibility to work remotely.
- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- In software companies this position generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background. In a less sophisticated environment, as with many applications products where the user is nontechnical, this position would generally interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
Skills / Experience Required
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or 1+ years of related experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming languages like Java.
- Knowledge of the components in web applications stack.
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle).
- Strong Experience using Linux/Unix.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage the case queue.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex user issues (difficult customers).
- Leading investigation and resolving complex issues and escalations while demonstrating exceptional technical understanding, business process and customer needs in timely manner.
- Experience providing SaaS / PaaS support.
- A fundamental understanding of ITIL framework.
- Experience diagnosing application performance related issues.
- Experience in developing, maintaining or supporting Web Applications.
- Knowledge of command line tools for log analysis such as awk, grep, sed…
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.