DESIblitz Job: Junior CTO Special Projects Manager
Junior CTO Special Projects Manager
A global powerhouse within the insurance industry is looking for a Junior CTO Special Projects Manager to join their team on a contract basis until March 2022.
The role is responsible for partnering with CTO management to develop and execute a portfolio of projects within CTO to deliver the CTO Op Plan. In addition, you will coordinate prioritisation of projects and initiatives, runs internal CTO projects, governance process, and monitors execution against the plan.
- With the CTO LT, develops the CTO Operating Plan and lead the execution of the projects within the plan
- Develops and maintains a set of KPIs for the CTO function ensuring ongoing reporting in a timely manner
- Partners closely with the CTO LT to analyse new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- Manages the financials of the portfolio of work, monitors the project actuals and works with the project managers and portfolio manager to review forecasting against budgets.
- Adheres to Project Management methodology and governance standards.
- Manages portfolio management artefacts, decisions, communications, metrics, and reporting.
- Develop and execute CTO communications plan
- Manage the CTO LT monthly / quarterly meeting including action logs and plans as appropriate
Skills and experience:
- IT and business/industry work experience, with experience in managing cross-functional projects, and influencing key stakeholders.
- Works independently.
- Ability to manage small to medium sized projects – managing scope, schedule, resources, risks/issues, and cost.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes.
- May resolve complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist.
- Demonstrated project portfolio management skills (project intake, resource demand planning, budget management).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building and customer service.
- Demonstrated skill in running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders.
- Effectiveness in working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels.
- Ability to organise and present project portfolio reports, proposals, and other related portfolio information.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment is preferred.
- Proven planning and organisation skills, creating own work schedules, prioritising workload, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for self (and others if applicable).
- Knowledge of MS Project and Visio is an advantage.
- Exercises authority in making decisions affecting scope of projects, prioritisation, schedule, resources, and product quality.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.