DESIblitz Job: Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer
Website Premier Technical Recruitment
Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer (x2 trainees)
£24,946 + generous overtime + £1k bonus + benefits including 33 days holiday + 5% matched pension.
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a junior and enthusiastic multi skilled junior assistant maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team.
The Worksop site operates on a 24/7 basis necessitating working on a 3-shift basis (earlier, lates and nights) basis and it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least C&G or above in a relevant engineering discipline and be eager to obtain additional qualifications and training.
With the company priding itself on the high-quality service it provides to its’ customer, it is essential that they now recruit an enthusiastic junior assistant maintenance engineer to ensure conveyors, cranes and other materials handling equipment are maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, core responsibilities for this electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance position will include:
- Assisting with reactive and PPM maintenance on automated crane and materials handling systems
- Assist with Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment in accordance with relevant H&S legislation
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly.
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise.
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity.
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels.
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated aspiring junior assistant maintenance engineer of the future to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and materials handling systems, and to considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification (at least C&G or above), a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and of working both autonomously and as part of a team. A full UK driving licence is essential for the position.
In return, career progression, stability and an excellent remuneration package are available. Contact Premier Technical Recruitment via (url removed) or call on (phone number removed) for further details.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.