DESIblitz Job: IT Project Manager
Website Technical Placements Ltd
IT Project Manager required for small, but growing IT Business in Redhill, Surrey.
We are seeking an ambitious individual who is foremost a good planner and scheduler, used to working in an IT environment.
Our client has been established for almost 20 years and are now looking at significantly growing their organisation from the almost fifteen members of staff to twice that size. This level of growth is going to provide unlimited opportunities for bright career focused individuals to thrive.
Based in Redhill, Surrey. They are now seeking a senior and experienced person to join them as an IT Project/Programme Delivery Manager to help drive them to the next level in servicing their clients.
Person needed for the role:
A highly driven, growth orientated IT Project/Programme Delivery Manager who is committed to service excellence to help scale up, whilst maintaining their first-class reputation across a multi-sector client base. We need someone to step right in, quickly grasp and oversee the diverse portfolio of projects, and develop new frameworks and processes to ensure the company consistently deliver exceptional quality. In this evolving role, you will be key to our growth and our clients aim is to be the IT support partner of choice.
What you will be delivering:
You will act as a focal point, being fully accountable for the day-to-day management and delivery of key infrastructure and technology projects with a high degree of critical business impact. From day one, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the project workstreams are implemented to the correct deliverables, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technologies to address some of the most challenging IT issues facing companies today. Projects will impact across several stakeholders and involve constrained resource teams, and include significant business change and transformation.
- Establishing frameworks, systems and processes, and other work breakdown structures to ensure project objectives are met.
- Managing day to day aspects of projects about scope, schedule, resources and budget.
- Managing and planning project resources to ensure successful Project Programme delivery.
- Recommending changes to product offerings and pre-sales investigation to Sales and Technical areas within the business.
- Ensuring all project documentation is correct and accurate and complies with internal requirements.
- Continuously updating management information to ensure the Company Dashboard is always an accurate reflection of project status.
- Controlling overall quality of all projects.
- Effectively working with and supporting the Technical Account Manager and Helpdesk Manager.
- Mentoring junior team members as they progress their personal development plans.
- Actively contributing to their company strategy for products portfolio, support tools and techniques as well as commercial direction.
- Embracing the company values and acting as an ambassador to clients and company staff alike.
- Other duties as directed by the Directors.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to take responsibility for the seamless delivery of projects, managing others and influencing key stakeholders.
- Track record of delivering infrastructure and technology projects on time and to budget.
- Highly organised with impeccable time management skills and unwavering approach to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborative team player with high levels of integrity, confidence, and resilience.
- Focus on and striving for continuous process improvement.
- Embraces opportunities to acquire new skills and ideas, through self-study and on-the-job learning.
- Highly motivated and proactive, able to work under pressure and uncompromising on quality.
- Strong commercial awareness, comfortable solving problems and making decisions.
- Confident in handling contractual and commercial negotiations with existing clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to influence to a senior level.
- High learning agility, able to hit the ground running, acquiring new skills and concepts quickly.
- Ability to build trusting relationships both internally and externally.
- Experienced in delivering IT projects
- Project Governance, risk management and control experience.
- Experience of applying and improving IT project management methodology
- Line management experience
- Experience of managing multiple projects using Autotask PSA
- Background in Networking, Data Centre, Infrastructure Solutions
- Starting salary: £35-45K
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays (8 days)
- Auto enrollment Pension with The People Pension
- Company laptop
- Team development programme
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.