DESIblitz Job: IT Project Manager (Higher Education)
Website Randstad Business Support
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, capable and diligent Project/Faculty Manager to join one of the leading education providers in the Midlands.
The role will suit an experienced project manager with a background in IT and Higher Education, looking to advance their career.
This is an exciting time to join the dynamic team as Project Manager for Higher Education Placement Systems (ARC Faculty Manager) which sits within the Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences.
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management support for the development and maintenance of placement software and systems, data management and reporting, in support of both internal and external stakeholders including, Heads of School, Academics, Placement Coordinators, Practice Partners and Students.
- You will lead on areas for development within the ARC system and consider regulatory adjustments and how they affect the way HELS placements are administered. You will also design and deliver a comprehensive training plan for internal and external stakeholders to maintain and enhance engagement with placements systems.
- Manage the development of the comprehensive outward facing ARC Placement Allocation System, which will include audits, external stakeholders usage (e.g. NHS trusts) and ensuring consistent student access.
- To act as account manager for ARC, maintain positive working relationships and enhance our ability to act dynamically in meeting business requirements. To maintain oversight of contracts and related payments.
- Initiate and lead development/progress meetings across the Faculty, negotiating workable agreed deadlines
- Manage, develop and maintain a set of robust ARC business processes, including annual checks for consistency, accuracy and training needs.
- Directly managing the ARC Project Coordinator
- Develop and maintain effective and accurate reporting processes and data analytics for internal and external bodies, including the Nursing Midwifery Council and The Health and Care Professionals Council.
- Drive change with regards to project plans, providing effective support for Placement Course Coordinators and wider academic team
- Deal with general enquiries about projects by email, telephone and in person. Identify any problems in a timely manner and take appropriate and effective steps to resolve them. Liaise with project team colleagues to share best practice and avoid duplication of effort.
- Experience of IT project management in an Education setting
- A degree or equivalent qualification or significant relevant work experience.
- Hold a project management qualification (PRINCE2 or similar)
- Understands methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring of projects. Understands methods and techniques for writing effective reports.
- Experience of ARC/SITS student record system or similar
- Experience of proactive working within teams to improve service delivery
- Experience of creating, planning and delivering training sessions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff at a senior level and be confident in this situation
- Must have proven experience of planning and organisational skills, the ability to prioritise a heavy workload, able to work to tight deadlines, be self-motivated and able to work without detailed supervision
- Hybrid working 40/60 home and office working
- 40 days including bank holidays and Christmas/New Year closure
- Travel card scheme
- Car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent access to CPD and development activities
- 37 hour working week
- Sickness/absence entitlement
- Edgebaston location
- £35,014.00 – £38,059.00
Please do not miss out, please apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.