DESIblitz Job: Intermediate Design Engineer
Website Michael Taylor Search & Selection
Client: Our client is a established M&E contractor based in South East London. The business turns over £15M +; undertaking projects in the commercial office and healthcare sectors. Their average project size is between £200K and £5M, with the majority of their projects being located in central London. Having been established over 20 years they benefit from being a preferred contractor for major blue chip clients. This means they have a continuous and stable workflow. Having recently secured a number of new projects, they are looking to recruit a S
Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer.
Role: Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer – £(phone number removed) + Package – London
Working in the Design department the successful candidate will reporting into a Senior Engineer. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the design of small power, lighting and fire alarm for projects principally in the commercial sectors. Projects vary widely in scale and the opportunity will exist to take responsibility for smaller projects immediately whilst gaining experience of larger, complex designs and installations.
- Electrical services design including but not limited to LV design including cable sizing, Lighting and lighting controls, Emergency lighting, Fire alarms, Security systems, Lightning
- Preparation and development of concept, feasibility and detailed design proposals, which include specifications, drawings, calculations.
- Ability to use Dialux lighting and Relux electrical software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D with either some knowledge of the use of Revit or the desire to learn.
- MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills required and be able to accompany colleagues to meetings with clients, other professional design team members and contractors.
- Strong technical expertise within electrical building services design, gained working within the UK building services industry for either a consultancy or contractor.
- Knowledge of UK design legislation and guidance.
The ideal candidate will:
- 3 – 4 years’ Electrical services design experience (this is not essential as our client are also open to more junior candidates who require more support and development)
- AutoCAD, Dialux and Relux software knowledge.
- HNC/HND level in building services or electrical engineering or degree equivalent.
- High standard of written and verbal English.
- Well presented with good organisational and communication skills
- Ambitious with a ‘can do approach to work’
- A willingness to learn and further their experience and education
Opportunities for the positon:
- The opportunity to join a young, stable contractor
- A good training scheme for junior engineers
- A competitive basic salary, package and the opportunity to earn a bonus
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.