DESIblitz Job: ICA Technician
Website South West Water
We currently have an opportunity available for an ICA Technician to join our team working in Plymouth. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive starting salary of £27,719 up to £31,306 depending on experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted – We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative – We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible – We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive – We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.
About the role of ICA Technician:
You will provide and assist with the installation, repair and maintenance of the operational remote plant and process control systems supporting operational activities.
Responsibilities of our ICA Technician include:
– The delivery of quality support to operations using expertise and experience in the complex control and process systems which should balance/minimise the risk and impact to a busy operations team
– Planning, prioritising and carrying out works to the satisfaction of the planned maintenance delivery system, team leader and the operations team as required
– Conforming and adhering at all times to current ISO, H & S systems, procedures and policies
– The delivery of cost-effective improvements to assets and systems
– Complying with all business rules relating to the delivery of and feedback regarding all maintenance activity
– Compiling or updating any site engineering documentation which enables Operational staff to carry out support and maintenance of the works systems
– Assisting Operational staff with the resolution of complex problems
– Maintaining regular contact with colleagues throughout the Company
– On completion of a satisfactory probationary period the role will involve the undertaking of standby and call-outs on an ICA/Electrical standby rota, the frequency of which may change in response to the business demands
What we are looking for in our ICA Technician:
– Time served apprenticeship supported by relevant formal qualifications. e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, NC/HNC/HND or Equivalent
– Experience of process control and electrical Systems
– Experience of working with and understanding of PLCs to include management and programming
– Previous experience working with communication protocols
– Experience to include calibration and maintenance of front line instrumentation and a good understanding of relay logic and ability to maintain and repair
Closing date: Monday 9th August 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our ICA Technician – we look forward to receiving your application.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.