DESIblitz Job: Hr Manager
Website Help Resourcing
We are looking for a dynamic addition to our team who can work in our HR Department and bring experience and expertise.
You must be a people person who can work happily in a small team and have the ability to liaise with various levels of colleagues throughout the business.
You will support HR in all areas of the business and to ensure that all administration is kept up to date as well as liaising with senior colleagues across the divisions. It is important in this role that confidentiality is the key as well as understanding the business, and the types of colleagues they employ.
This job description is not exhaustive and changes to the outline of the role may alter, depending on the growth of the company. You will work closely with the HR Director and from time to time take on specific projects as outlined by the board.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Managing a small team and helping them to gain a greater understanding of HR
· Undertaking performance reviews so they are guided on their performance
Overseeing and participating on the following:
· Regularly updating the inductions and any of material that are issued to new and current employees
· Making sure all contracts of employment are up to date in line with employment law
· Cross checking job descriptions and creating the relevant specification for new roles
· Keeping all data up to date i.e. addresses and mobile phones
· Arranging for regular appraisals, along with the relevant line manager, for colleagues
· Issuing information to colleagues regarding any relevant changes i.e. pension auto enrolment, HR law
· Keeping a record of holiday and sick days across the company by making sure relevant line manager submits relevant information into the HR software with supporting material
· Liaising with managers in regards to any training opportunities for all colleagues across the board
· Issuing pay increase and bonus letters
· Upkeep of all administration and filing for HR, ensuring it is up to date
· Working on acquisition along with senior HR colleagues and gaining a sound understanding of TUPE and other legal requirements
· To understand the HR software and keep it updated daily.
· To be able to take control of the HR system administration side when needs be and import information which is pay roll critical i.e. new starters, leavers, amendment to salary and hours
· Keeping up to date with any changes in the law which might affect the business
· Updating all legal information i.e. company policies on a need to basis
· Correctly handling grievance, disciplinary and investigations in the manner as outlined by ACAS to avoid the company being liable at any stage in line with senior HR colleagues
· Ensuring there is a clear paper trail for any situation which might be precarious now or in the future and may affect the company
Inductions and New Starters
· Ensuring that all the paperwork has been issued to the relevant person
· Preparing all documentation for the induction including contract of employment and other materials as seen appropriate to be issued by the Company
· Collating all information and distributing to the necessary department i.e. pay roll, accounts.
· Advertising roles within the company using either internal or external resources
· Making sure that a job description is available as well as liaising with Manager regarding hours and salary
· Selecting suitable candidates, short listing and supplying information to relevant manager
· Arranging interviews
· Calling for references to secure the appointment and liaising with line manager
· Checking that they have the relevant qualifications and licences to do the role
Learning and Development
· Working with the HR Director and other directors on developing a strong L&D platform in the business
· Ensuring that the apprenticeship levy is being used by organising training with external resources for our colleagues
· Keeping the momentum with current training programmes i.e. mental health first aid, performance appraisals, etc.
· Carry out other duties which fall within reasonable expectations of the role
· To adhere to Health and Safety standards according to the company policy for both customers, colleagues and yourself
· Thorough knowledge of manual handling guidelines in day to day activities
· To attend work clean, smart and wearing the company uniform, if applicable
· To work within other areas of the Company from time to time when and if necessary
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.