DESIblitz Job: HGV Technician
Ready to find the right role for you?
Location:Cardiff / Pontypridd – CF15 7QT
Salary: £37.146.00 per annum, plus Veolia benefits
Hours:48 hours per week, Rotating shifts
Early shift: Monday – Friday 5am-3pm
Late shift: Monday – Thursday 1pm-10.30pm, Friday 1pm-8.30pm & Saturday 7am-12am.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way to take up an exciting HGV technician role in our Cardiff team.
Because of our responsibility when it comes to leading change, resourcing takes every single one of us, and this is how you can play your part. And if you’re looking to go further whilst making a real impact , this role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day’s work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What will you be doing?
• Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team
• Repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the
• Required to perform any duties deemed necessary by your supervisor,
ensuring that current standards are maintained, utilising both internal and
• All workshop tools, personal tools and welding equipment must be secured
and where possible locked away each night. Welding and electrical
equipment should be turned off and left in a safe condition when not in use.
• Required to fill in a daily worksheet / time sheet individual job cards, legal
documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body
equipment and plant maintenance each day, completed forms must be
given to your supervisor before the end of your shift.
• To be aware of your obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act,
1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your place of work as
• Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure
maximum productivity. Ensure that the task is completed to schedule. Any
discrepancies are to be reported immediately to your supervisor.
• Aware of the Company’s commitment to the ISO9001, 14001 and 18001
Quality System and in particular understand your responsibility to maintain
the system with respect to your duties.
What are we looking for?
• Five years practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a mechanical
• Hold a current driving licence, (LGV desired but not essential).
• Efficient in the following tasks; Subject to an LGV Driver licence qualification; Taking
vehicles for M.O.T testing; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
• Able to work on your own initiative.
• Expected to supply your own comprehensive tool kit.
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive 21 days of holiday (increasing with time served) and an extensive benefits package which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme as well as employee discounts.n Additionally, we provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you. Apply now so together we can make our communities better.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.