DESIblitz Job: Head of Skills- Apprenticeships and AEB- Work from Home
Website Pertemps Newcastle Work Based Learning
Head of Skills- Apprenticeships and AEB
Location: Remote working with national travel as and when required.
We are delighted to be supporting this organisation which is rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
This organisation operates as a “non for profit” company and has an amazing reputation.
This Training Provider delivers a wide range of government training programmes which include Apprenticeships, Careers Advice and Guidance and Employability Programmes. They have secured over £40 million worth of new contracts and growing across all business areas.
The Head of Skills would qualify for the following:
• Permanent position offering a highly competitive salary range of up to £51500
• 25 days, rising to 30 days + bank holidays + flexible working hours between Monday-Friday
• Health Insurance, Pension scheme,
The successful candidate will be a visual and strategic manager who will be involved in all provisions of the business and will successfully manage the strategy and performance of the different training programmes, which will include Apprenticeships, AEB Programmes, Multiply Contracts and Commercial Training.
Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Skills will lead in managing the performance and delivery of outstanding, teaching, learning and assessment across the different funding streams.
As a key member of the Senior Management team, you will ensure teams deliver strong outcomes both for participants as well as exceeding expectations for compliance and customer service results
Key duties and responsibilities of the Head of Skills will include
• Ensure the delivery teams have a thorough understanding of the delivery portfolio; the requirements of skills and apprenticeship standards they deliver and Quality and Compliance expectations.
• Lead the recruitment strategy for all positions within the skills delivery division and develop an annual recruitment plan in line with business targets.
• Effective people management in order to ensure maximum performance levels and KPIs are achieved.
• Maximise delivery against agreed income, funding and contract targets with outstanding levels of quality, satisfaction and success rates.
• To work collaboratively under the direction of the Operations Director to support skills compliance and performance.
• To be accountable for the tracking of all learners ensuring learning and assessment
• Monitor and analyse timely and accurate management information and translate all learner performance data to steer the delivery to reach financial and quality targets.
• Report on analysis of performance of Skills provision to the Senior Leadership Team
• To work closely with the Head of Business Engagement to drive skills growth and expand the Skills offer within the business.
• To lead on the curriculum design in response to employer and local skills demands and develop a responsive range of products that will further meet the needs of employers and learners
• Work collaboratively with Head of Quality to ensure continuous and rigorous self-assessment of the Skills provision and to be accountable for the implementation of the Skills Quality Improvement Plan.
Skills and Experience Required for the Head of Skills
• Previous experience in middle management, including stakeholder management, strategic planning, budgeting and driving performance through people
• Experience in a wide range of training and educational programmes including contract management, operations, funding and deliverables with knowledge of Government training funding rules
• Experience with Ofsted inspection and/or experience of driving outstanding teaching and learning through the completion of OTLA, standardisation and IQA processes
• Significant experience in leading developing and delivering curriculum activity, including apprenticeships
• Ideally Educated to a degree level or equivalent
• Level 5 Management qualification would also be desirable
• A full driving licence holder, able to travel across the region when required.
This position is being managed by Pertemps Work-Based Learning and Skills Division.
For more information please contact Simon on (phone number removed)
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.