DESIblitz Job: Engineering Technician Apprentice
Website PETA LTD
PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Technician (Production) Apprentice for our client. You will learn how to map and analyse processes before identifying ways to reduce waste, improve workflow, and increase efficiency. You will be trained to identify the causes of problems and make objective decisions on improvements.
This will involve documenting processes, instructions and key metrics. You will analyse data, equipment and safety specifications to provide recommendations, suggest corrective and preventative actions.
As an engineering technician apprentice this programme forms part of your companies succession planning for the future. The company will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process.
Training to be provided:
Throughout the duration of your engineering technician apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. This will start as 18 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 – 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 48 months
About The Role:
If you have a great eye for detail, enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems this is the role for you. You will be learning to produce a range of technical information, creating accurate data is important in this role. As a production engineering apprentice, you will become competent contributing to a range of projects and work collaboratively with the engineering team
- As a production engineering technician apprentice, you will become competent monitoring deviations from customer and contract requirements and report them in the appropriate way
- You will learn how to design & construct and modify tooling, jigs, fixtures and instruments to meet requirements and specifications, instructions and/or drawings to a high degree of precision.
- As a production engineering technician apprentice, you will learn how to provide technical support for other internal and external functions (manufacturing, supply chain, applications, sales and customers)
- Learn how to implement and support continuous improvement actions/projects and best practice replication throughout the company
- As a production engineering technician apprentice, you will become competent providing engineering solutions to internal non-conformances (rejects), customer issues (PORs) and change requests within agreed timescales
- Learn how to identify cost effective interventions to solve problems
- As a production engineering technician apprentice, you will become competent in monitoring processes using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to effectively resolve issues
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- You will gain a level 1A LCS Lean Awareness qualification
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
- Overtime available
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths and English are essential.
- Your motivation, drive and focus are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
- You will be IT literate
- You will be objective, using factual information and data to make decisions
- You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You will possess good interpersonal and written writing skills
Our client are one of the leading global manufacturers of heat exchangers providing solutions for almost every industrial application. They specialise in customised solutions suitable for a variety of environmental conditions. They have an established apprenticeship programme which will support your development and enable you to achieve your full potential. Our client are looking for people with that something special, they can offer you exciting and challenging projects, if you buy into their can-do culture your career with them will be a success. Succession planning is an important part of their business culture, they consciously focus on the further development of their employees. Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will receive an email with an application form on that you will need to complete. Please keep an eye on your inbox (and spam / junk folder) for this email and complete the form as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.