DESIblitz Job: Engineering Project Manager
Website D R Newitt & Associates
My client are a FMCG manufacturing business seeking an individual who has 2-4 years experience working in a project management role with a strong electrical controls background (this is not essential).
You will be part of a team managing multiple projects that will range between £10,000 – £2m.
The successful candidates will have both electrical and mechanical skills and will be doing the following:
- To efficiently fault find, repair, maintain and improve a variety of manufacturing equipment across site.
- To carry out assigned or self-directed engineering tasks.
- To provide an innovative proactive engineering support service to the site based on skill, experience, and initiative.
- To support the engineering and manufacturing functions ensuring maximum utilisation engineering equipment in order to achieve KPIs and optimal line efficiency within the company safety, quality, and environmental policies.
- To implement maintenance activities, ensuring that the manufacturing team achieve full compliance to the production plan, by minimising engineering downtime.
To positively change the performance and efficiency of new, and existing, automated machinery through continuous improvement techniques in software development
- HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a dual-skilled environment (electrical & mechanical)
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Time served apprenticeship
- A working knowledge of PLC, SCADA, HMI systems and control systems
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Experience of working in a continuous manufacturing environment
What’s On Offer?
salary up to £60,000
working hours: Monday – Friday (Flexible Hybrid) 39 hours.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.