DESIblitz Job: Electrically Qualified Maintenance Electrician
Website PDA Search & Selection
Position: Electrically Qualified Maintenance Electrician
Location: Great Yarmouth & Lowestoft
Salary: Basic salary is £35,929 and rising to £37,987 after 6 months (both salaries include the on call allowance) plus vehicle and other benefits (see below)
Full Time and Permanent – 45 hours a week – Monday to Friday
On call – 1 week in every 4
We are advertising this role on behalf of our client ‘City Facilities Management’. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the worlds largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
City FM continue to enjoy sustained growth with its impressive multi-site client base which includes a National Facilities contract for ASDA.
We are looking to recruit an “In Store Technician” within Asda retail stores for a large and dynamic Facilities Management company who provide hard services across the Asda business. Established in 1985 the company can provide excellent opportunities in development and career growth.
The role will just be covering ASDA Superstores within the Greater Yarmouth & Lowestoft Area.
However on the 1 week in every 4 you are on call, you would cover a larger area (for on call). When on call you will be on call 24/7 for that week.
THE FULL BENEFITS:
- Basic salary is £35,929 rising up to £37,987 on successful completion of 6 months service and training requirements
- Vehicle – option to use for personal use
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical cover (BUPA)
- Overtime – this is paid at time and a half
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Once you have passed your 12 week probation you will get a 10% ASDA discount card
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, but applicants should be flexible as there is a requirement to carry out a rostered out of hours on call service which includes weekends (on call is 1 week in every 4). You will be provided with a fully expensed company vehicle. The role is to maintain and repair a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment which includes bakery, catering equipment, compactors, lighting and other static and portable electrical equipment, systems and circuitry. The role will suit people from a retail, manufacturing, catering or factory maintenance background.
Other responsibilities will include: (not an exhaustive list)
- Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid down procedures
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
- Prioritize maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times
- Order spares to the laid down procedures
- Carry out minor alternations and installations within the individuals’ technical competence and in accordance with current specifications
- Liaise with project teams on store alterations, modernizations and other relevant works
- Advise the General Manager of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the store
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and papers are required and are essential requirements of the role:
- Full driving licence
- Electrical qualified to City & Guilds 236 Parts 1 & 2 OR City & Guilds 2330 Levels 2& 3 OR NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- 18th edition qualified
- Mechanical knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Building Maintenance and PPM background / experience
and desirable: Time served Electrical Apprenticeship
Our client is ideally looking for a full qualified Electrician who has a building maintenance and PPM background.
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your details and recent CV to Yvette Harding at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.