DESIblitz Job: Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer – FMCG- Food Industry
Website Minstrell Recruitment Ltd
Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer – Automation / Food / Manufacturing
Circa £42-44K – Perm Nights
Park Royal, London
I am currently looking to recruit an Electrically Biased Maintenance to join my client based in Park Royal / Brent, London. The role is within the food industry and is days based on nights. 19.00 to 07.00 – 4 on 4 off.
To provide a service that ensures all automated electrical and mechanical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met.
To ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and complies with all the companies polices and guidelines, specifically Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
To maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies/cost reductions through Kaizens and other initiatives.
To carry out modifications and installations when required.
To liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and company standards.
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
To provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives.
To carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
PLC Diagnostic knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
Key Words – electrical, mechanical, maintenance, engineering, conveyor, food industry, automation, PLC
- Good technical ability relating to automation
- Strong Engineering qualifications coupled with relevant applied learning, Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Electrical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated / food manufacturing environment
- Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of a production environment.
- Experience of a FMCG environment.
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
- Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.